The terms ‘us’ or ‘we’ refer to SST Motors Limited, trading as Martins Mechanical Services, the owner of the website. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
SST Motors Limited is the controller responsible for your personal data, and is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This notice explains when and why we collect personal information about you, how it is used, the conditions under which it may be disclosed to others, how it is kept safe and secure, and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
By accessing our website and utilising our services, you acknowledge that you have read and understood this Privacy Notice.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, including any requests to exercise your legal rights, please contact us as below:
SST Motors Limited
Unit 22 Thorpe Place, Thorpe Way Industrial Estate, Banbury, OX16 4XH
Tel: 01295 267139
Review and Updates
We keep this privacy notice under regular review, so it may change from time to time.
Please check back regularly to keep informed of any updates.
This notice was last updated on 7th June 2019.
What is our lawful basis for holding and processing your personal data?
Data protection law requires us to rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
- Performance of a contract: where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it, including selling, supplying, delivering and invoicing for goods and services.
- Legitimate interests: where it is necessary to achieve our legitimate interests (as long as the information is used fairly, and does not duly impact your rights), including promoting, marketing and advertising our goods and services; managing customer relationships; understanding your preferences and needs; complying with our legal and regulatory obligations; handling customer contacts and queries.
- Consent: where you have provided specific consent for us to use your personal information in a certain way, such as to send email marketing. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
How is your personal data collected?
We collect your personal data by direct interaction when you:
- Provide your information by contacting us by any means with any enquiries.
- Provide your information when you enquire about, or place an order for, products or services.
Our website/server collects browser details and IP information when you visit our website.
What type of personal data is collected?
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. We collect and process the following data about you:
- Contact and invoicing information: name, address, phone numbers, email addresses, email messages and correspondence. The lawful basis for this is: performance of contract and legitimate interest.
- Technical information about your visits to our website including the type of device used to access it, your IP address and geographical location. The lawful basis for this is legitimate interest – monitoring and securing our website.
- Marketing and communications data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us, and your communication preferences. The lawful basis for this is: legitimate interest and consent.
Special Categories of data
We do not hold or process Special Categories of personal data (race, ethnic origin, politics, religion, trade union membership, genetics, biometrics, health, sex life, sexual orientation, criminal convictions or offences).
We do not provide services directly to children and do not knowingly hold or process personal data relating to children under 17. If you learn that a child under 17 has provided us with personal information without consent, please contact us.
How do we use your personal data?
We use personal information to fulfil our obligations to our clients; to allow initial and ongoing contact with prospects, clients, & suppliers; to provide and invoice for services; to manage our relationship with you; to administer and protect our business; and to respond to enquiries.
In common with most websites, our website/server automatically collects visitors IP addresses, browser information and other technical information. This is used to count and analyse visitors to the website, but not to track you or personally identify you.
We may use your email address for occasional low-volume marketing. If you have requested information from us, or purchased goods or services from us, and you have not opted out of receiving marketing, we may use your contact details to provide you with information about our products and services that we think may be of interest to you.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages by contacting us at any time.
Automated decision making
We do not use any personal data for automated decision making or profiling.
Sharing your information with third parties
We may share your information with business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
MOT data is shared with DVLA to ensure that the DVLA vehicle record is up to date and for DVLA to operate online Vehicle Excise Duty collection.
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties, or share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
We will ensure that personal data is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
How long do we hold your information? (data retention)
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
For example, by law we have to keep basic information about our customers (including contact, identity, financial and transaction data) for six years after they cease being customers for tax purposes.
How we keep your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures, to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
The transmission of information via the internet cannot be completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of personal data transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. If you follow a link to another website, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website, and cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such a site. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach, and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
Your legal rights under The GDPR
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- Right of access: you have a right to request a copy of the information we hold about you, and we will provide you with this unless legal exceptions apply.
- Right to have your personal information corrected: you have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected.
- Right to restrict use: you have a right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information if there is a disagreement about its accuracy, or we’re not lawfully allowed to use it.
- Right of erasure: you may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to.
- Right to data portability: if we are processing your personal information (1) based on your consent, or in order to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and (2) the processing is being done by automated means, you may ask us to provide your data to you or another service provider in a machine-readable format.
- Right to object: you have the right to object to processing where we are using your personal information (1) based on legitimate interests, (2) for direct marketing or (3) for statistical/research purposes.
- Right to object to direct marketing: if you do not want us to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes, you may object or withdraw consent at any time.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us.
We will endeavour to respond to all requests within one month of receipt of your request.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances. For details please consult the guidance published by the UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (https://www.ico.org.uk).
We may need to request specific information from you, to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data or exercise any of your other rights.
No fee usually required: you will not have to pay a fee to exercise any of the above rights. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
Right to complain to a supervisory authority: you have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (https://www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact us in the first instance.
We only use harmless cookies that are essential for the website to function correctly.
By using and browsing our website, you consent to cookies being used in accordance with our policy. If you do not consent, you must turn off cookies or refrain from using the site. Turning cookies off may result in a loss of functionality when using any website.
Browser Settings / How to change your preferences
Cookies are saved to your browser, so to turn off any cookie you will have to do so for every browser you use. Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To manage cookies on popular browsers:
To find information relating to other browsers, visit the browser developer’s website.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/default.aspx or http://www.allaboutcookies.org/faqs/privacy.html.
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Terms & Conditions
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation, or endorse the views expressed within them.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
This website and its content is © copyright SST Motors Limited. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
- You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.